Ontario’s most rugged and innovative solutions for the farming community!
Installing solar on an Ontario Farm is the next step in the evolution of sustainability. We are already harvesting and eating locally grown food, so it only makes sense that our next step is to produce our own electricity right where we need it, on the farms that feed us.
Solar power is now the perfect investment for Ontario farms, with a 20 year guaranteed income stream under the OPA’s Feed-In Tariff program. Sentinel’s proprietary dual axis tracking solutions accurately follow the sun, ensuring maximum return for your solar investment. Engineered and built in Ontario, they are the most rugged and reliable trackers available and are designed to withstand the harshest winter conditions. Utilizing commercial grade Ontario built solar modules and industry leading Ontario micro inverters, Sentinel trackers offer years of trouble free service.
Sentinel Sentry dual axis trackers utilize state of the art astronomical tracking to follow the sun, providing you with the stable income from your investment that you expect without the surprises of errant tracking or failure.
- Having J-Bolts secure your tracker to the concrete base allows you to perfectly level the tracker, and to adjust for the shifting of the ground that may happen over time.
- Astronomical tracking is the most consistent way to track the sun.
- The support post carries all the weight of the tracker and wind loads. It needs to be sized accurately in order to support these stresses for 20 plus years.
- Wind measurement must be taken at the highest point on the tracker in order for the readings to be accurate.
- All steel components must be galvanized if they are to stand up to Ontario weather conditions.
- In the event of a power failure the tracker must have the ability to move into wind safety mode. This means there must be an integrated battery back-up system in order to be truly protected.
- User remote control for cleaning and stow mode is of great benefit as it allows for preventative maintenance to be performed with ease.
- Enphase Micro-inverters integrated into a tracker design is the most reliable and highest energy yielding solution available.
- 24 hour system monitoring for power production and tracker operation keeps your investment running smoothly and without incident. It enables remote diagnostics and updating of control system.
- European made motors and gears have the longest life expectancy which means more uptime and more revenue generation.
- Concealing the tracker control and AC distribution system inside the post not only extends the life of the components, but keeps them safe from the environment and thieves.